Sunday, March 20, 2011

Before Spring Break..

Wow, it’s already half over,

Foot 
Contour of Foot
This semester has flown by so far, but yet when I look back I have learned so much and that might be the reason. This past week before Spring Break, we were concentrating on the foot. We had all of Thursday to learn to draw and master the art of the foot. I personally do not care to draw the foot. I think feet are ugly and they are extremely difficult to draw accurately. I struggled at first, but once I got into more contour drawing, I did alright. I think that we should learn a little more about the foot and how to draw it. However, when I think about it, we usually draw the model standing and then there isn’t much feet to draw. I mean, the main structure of the foot is hidden since he is standing, it more so the ankle you concentrate on. I am looking forward to this next half of the semester in really refining my drawing skills. I hope to master the knee and shoulders since I’m positive that I am not drawing them quite right.
Cont
LeRoy is doing alright as well. He looks like he is almost finished but I have a feeling that we will be doing a lot of work on the hands and forearms since those muscles are so delicate and there are so many.  I am not sure that we will get to the face muscles, but that might be interesting if we do.  I do think this next week will bring some new information, probably in the shoulders and neck. I am looking forward to drawing some more next week, because believe it or not, I miss my life drawing class!

Until Next Week,

Chelsey













1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great first start to the foot. I really like that you added the contours on the foot too. I was so into mastering the toes that i may have missed getting around to it on my own drawings. I actually found the feet rather interesting so hopefully if we spend more time on them you will become a little more fond of them. :)
    I too am interested to see where the rest of the semester brings us and excited to continue to see progression in our drawings and mannequins.

    ReplyDelete