Friday, May 6, 2011

Almost There

Hey Everyone! (p.s. I know this is a little early)

Wow, and here we are, at the end to another great semester. This semester has been such a learning experience, not only in this life drawing class, but in my other classes as well.
This week in Life Drawing, we worked on our mannequins and then on thursday we did a long pose, attaching all the parts of the body( including the face)  together.
I am so glad we worked on our mannequins on Tuesday. It really helped to have Amy come around and tell us exactly what was wrong with our mannequins and what we could do to fix them. So, she met with me first. I was happy she did this because it allotted me almost two and a half hours to get the refinements finished on LeRoy.
He is now finished and I completed photographing him last night. He looks pretty spiffy if I say so myself. The muscles on the mannequin really helped over the past semester in learning what exactly is under that skin. Although, I must say carrying it around campus just was a hassle, but it did give you a lot of attention.
As for the long pose, I think I did okay. I am not sure that the face really goes with the model. If you'd put the model next to my drawing you'd never guess they were the same person, unless he is naked and you examine the body type. Overall, it was a good challenge. I think pulling it all together is the ultimate "end" point that Amy wants us to be at before we leave this class. I am ALMOST there, but I still do need to work on the face a little more.
Next week is Finals week and we will be presenting another online portfolio on Flickr. So, keep checking back to see the final drawings! (as well as finished and polished LeRoy!)
See you next week! (for a final time in the class)

Chelsey

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the fact that this semester has been a tremendous learning experience. I think this class in general has really helped me look at many things in a new perspective.
    As for your picture it is kind of hard to really see the face, but as Amy has said its not about the face looking like the person its more about grasping the concepts. I know i talked with you about this in class, but there is still something off to me when it comes to the back leg. I feel like maybe it should be longer so that the foot comes off the page maybe. Otherwise i think that this is a good last drawing being able to get everything we learned into one drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you did a good job with you last long pose. I think you can certainly see a great difference between your first blog postings and this last one before the final.
    My only thought about the pose maybe looking slightly awkward is that the foot may need to come off the page. I think that when you look at the leg closest to us and thing about it flattened it would come out way farther then the back leg. So i think if the back leg was slightly longer or larger it might not look as awkward? But over all i know we talked about this in class and i think that you did catch get everything else done really well.

    ReplyDelete