Monday, May 2, 2011

F.A.C.E

Hello All!

This week in Life Drawing we started a very exciting chapter. THE FACE!
The facial structure is EXTREMELY frustrating when you have no idea how to draw it. Since it was my first, relative, time drawing the face, it was so confusing and frustrating. I literally stood in front of my drawing for 10 minutes, figuring out where I should start. We had previously learned how to draw separate parts of the face and then she would tell us how to approach it. However, this doesn’t work when drawing the whole face. I had no idea where to begin, and which part to draw first. I think I still need to connect the dots, relating each part of the face to something else. Such as your ear is about as long as your eyebrow to the bottom of your nose. This was a cute but helpful tidbit of information that helped me proportion my drawing. Amy did help me create the oval/egg shape of the head once I had started on the nose. I need to of course work on proportion and drawing LIGHT. But until I learn to actually put something on the page without any help, I’m putting the knit-picky things on the back burner.
This next week we are finishing up our Mannequins (i.e. LeRoy). Then we can start working on more long poses in which I will be concentrating in the face mostly. I will be doing this because we also have a final assignment. Our final assignment will be a self portrait of ourselves. I am unsure on how I feel about this. I will let you all know how I feel when I actually start drawing myself.

Until Next Week,
Chelsey

1 comment:

  1. I was frustrated drawing the face too! I think i needed amy to set me in the right direction with every single part of the face before i finally felt semi comfortable with what i was doing. I think that you have a good start to everything though.

    ReplyDelete