Tuesday, April 26, 2011

 Hello All,

This week we learned about the head/skull. We had a goal to reach to have three drawings of the skull. One three quarters view of the back of the head (see to your right), one three quarters view of the front (coming soon) and the profile or sideview of the skull (see below). The skull at first did not look TOO intimidating, however, it was very difficult. I had so many troubles getting the 3D effect to pop out in front of me. I really did try to create a little shadow, which Amy said we could do since, especially the back of the skull, is kinda boring and dull. So, I shaded the bottom "knobs" to show that they were going under, otherwise known as a bottom plane.
The profile of the skull was different, but in a good way. I had a lot more to look at, but that means a lot more to draw. I had trouble with the nose. My mind refused to draw the nose correctly. The nose is actually fairly long, and I had made it too short. Amy came around and helped me correct it and then we learned that in order to make the object (drawing) pop out more than others, give it more attention to detail. So, i wanted the cheek bone to pop out, and therefore I made contours stronger and shading more concentrated. I think I did a fairly well job of getting that to pop out more so than the part of the skull behind it.  Overall, I hope we spend more time on the skulls. I do need to draw a front view of a skull too, but I have no idea on how to start it. I hope we draw some today!

Well, See you all next week!

Chelsey

1 comment:

  1. The back of the skull was extremely difficult to me as well. I feel like there is not as much to look at making it difficult to really focus on what there actually is. So i agree the profile was much easier in that sense of finding different land marks.

    ReplyDelete