Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week ending April 2nd

Hello,


So sorry this is late. I have been having a busy and sick week. Today is the worst, but it will hopefully be gone in the next 2 days. This past week we learned a lot about muscles. We concentrated on drawing the muscles in the shoulders and pecks. In the long pose on Thursday, we had our model pose lying down with his hand above his head. This gave us a great view of his armpit. I concentrated on the muscles that attached by the pecks/ribs and then it stretches back. I also learned to draw the contours on the arms. Amy said the arms weren't difficult to learn, but just to know them was good. I am comfortable drawing the ribs and the peck muscles, now I just need to work on the arms, hands, and neck/head. I am not sure if I will like drawing the face. I have seen a couple of students that have already added in the face to their drawings, but I haven't gotten that far. I'm not quite sure where to start. You'll see in the long pose that I attempted to start drawing the neck, but I'm not sure if I was doing it correctly. I know there is a million different ways to approach drawing, but I think Amy's input so far has helped me tremendously, so I think I will just wait for her advice.

I found that I really enjoy longer poses. The pose on Thursday was the longest we've done so far. It lasted about an hour and 40 minutes.
As for LeRoy, he is coming along. I will hopefully have pictures of him posted in the next posting or two, so stay tuned!
Gestures are still difficult to draw thoroughly and accurate. It still takes me about 2 minutes to get everything in with a well drawn structure. Otherwise, it looks like kindergarten scribbles. I hope to improve on this in the next upcoming class periods.

Until Next Posting,

Chelsey K

1 comment:

  1. Hey your muscles in your shoulders are looking really good in your drawing. I bet you are getting excited to see what things will look like as we progress, even if you are unsure of if you will like drawing the face. I think i will be kinda nice to wrap things up and have an understanding for drawing the body as a whole.

    ReplyDelete